Reporting from Lebanon

This blog contains Dan Winter's live reports from Beirut Lebanon. Dan is a long time peace activist from Boulder Colorado.  He has been to Iraq 3 times and Palestine once.  He is  opening a non-profit office in Beirut to provide services for volunteers and the media.  Contact him for assistance.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Arrived in Lebanon

Hello everyone.
Well I arrived in Beirut after a long trip. Started in Denver, Colorado on Sunday Aug 27 and the final leg took me from Cyprus on September 1. Incidentally, my wedding anniversary (number 44) was Sep 1.

I found room in a really cheap hotel for the first night. The hotel needs considerable repairs before it can be condemmed !!!!

Beirut is a large city and metropolitan Beirut has well over 1 million people. It is summer and hot but not impossible to go out.

I have found an organization that may benefit from the contributions collected by The Front Range Coalition for Peace & Justice in the Middle East (can we find a shorter name ).
More details later.

Peace, Dan

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Hi Dan!

Congratulations on finally arriving in Lebanon - and kudos for your stamina through the long trip. I am a member of the Front Range Coalition, but you probably don't know me (the story of my life). I have posted information about your blog on my site.

Thank you, thank you for what you are doing! And happy anniversary!

My deepest respect,
Carol

5:30 PM  
Blogger Val Phillips said...

Way to go Dan! Email me if I can be of support.

Cheers,

Mark Schneider
dogbuckeye@yahoo.com

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan, for the record we generally just go by "Front Range Coalition" and/or "FRC".

Also I added the link to your blog to the CPSC Colorado Links bar.

Anyway, I'm glad you made it in safely. I just got back from Dearborn MI from the U.S. Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation Organizer's Conference and in one of the workshops I mentioned your trip/mission to Lebanon. Quite a few people seemed surprised that you could still fly into Beirut after the Israeli bombing. I guess they didn't hit the airport?

John S.

http://colorado-palestine.blogspot.com

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home